RUGBY TALKING NEWSPAPER
- All personal data stored by RTN will be gathered, held and maintained in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation; coming into force 25 May 2018.
- Personal information held
- We keep personal information on service users and volunteers. This personal information is simply contact details; names, address, telephone number/s, email addresses.
- Information gathering
- Over a limited period of time the accuracy of information currently held (see date below) will be
- checked for accuracy.
- In addition, each person will be asked to confirm that they approve RTN having their information help and for the stated purpose of communicating (eg receiving newsletter and receiving the weekly newspaper)
- Records will be kept by the Committee Secretary (CS) and the Client Coordinator (CC) of these approvals stored in a safe place
- Access to information
- The volunteer information is maintained (collected and updated) and stored by the CS as a list.
- The Service User information is maintained (collected and updated) and stored by the CC as a list
- All members of the elected Committee have access to the lists to enable them to carry out their responsibilities.
- Contact details of all volunteers are displayed in the Studio – to facilitate contact by any member seeking a replacement, etc
- Service users addresses are on spare pouches and spare pouch labels in the Studio to facilitate efficient dispatch
- Information storage security
- The two lists maintained by the CS and the CC (1 and 2 above) are kept on two separate computers – being personal property of the Secretary and the Client Coordinator – each protected by good quality Internet Security software. The files are safe-guarded by using up-to-date strong passwords known only to CS and the CC using symbols and lower and upper case letters.
- The contact details (3 above) are in the studio; a locked room used exclusively by RTN volunteers and Rugby Thornfield Board of Trustees.
- The service user pouches (5) are kept in the studio – further secured by being kept in a locked wooden box.
- The service user spare pouch labels (5) and all other service user contact details in the Studio are kept in a locked filing cabinet. These are accessed only by the cleaning and the dispatch teams.
- Information use
- The data in each case is used only for communication of relevant information about the activities of the RTN and not fund-raising.
- Committee members will be made aware of this policy and kept aware of any changes.
- Information sharing
- Under no circumstances will personal information held by RTN be shared with any other individual or organisation.
- Information retention
- The data is kept only for as long as necessary. When anyone ceases to be a volunteer or service user their data is removed permanently from the relevant lists and other secure places mentioned above.
- Personal access
- Should anyone on either list wish to see what is held it will be shown to them in a form that does not compromise the privacy of other people’s information.
- If they wish it to be removed then that will be done permanently
- From time to time the accuracy of information held will be checked by asking individuals to review and amend the existing data held – done either by email or telephone.
Version date; 1 October 2018